- Dolly Chugh (2018) The Person You Mean to Be: How Good People Fight Bias. HarperBusiness.
- Johan Roos (2017) Practical wisdom: making and teaching the governance case for sustainability. Journal of Cleaner Production, 140, 117-124.
- Paul Gilbert (2021) Creating a compassionate world: addressing the conflicts between sharing and caring versus controlling and holding evolved strategies. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, 3572
Facing the future together
- Richard Wilkinson & Kate Pickett (2009) The Spirit Level: Why Equality is Better for Everyone. Allen Lane / Penguin.
- Michael Marmot (2004) Status syndrome: How Your Social Standing Directly Affects Your Health. Significance, 1(4), 150–154. [Extracted from the book of the same title]
- Leo Lopez, Louis Hart & Mitchell Katz (2021) Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities Related to COVID-19. JAMA, 325(8), 719-720.
- Tori DeAngelis (2009) Unmaking ‘racial micro aggressions’. APA Monitor on Psychology, 40(2), 42.
- John Solomos (Ed.) (2020) Routledge International Handbook of Contemporary Racisms. Routledge.
- Ibram Kendi (2019) How to be an antiracist. One world.
- Tara Brach (2020) Radical Compassion Challenge. Day 10: “Bridging the Divides That Separate Us” with Van Jones
Hope from silver linings
- Alex Linley & Stephen Joseph (2004) Positive change processes following trauma and adversity: A review of the empirical literature. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 17(1), 11–21.
- Paolo Giani, Stefano Castruccio, Allessandro Anav, Don Howard, Weijing Hu & Paola Crippa (2020) Short-term and long-term health impacts of air pollution reductions from COVID-19 lockdowns in China and Europe: a modelling study. The Lancet Planetary Health, 4(10), e474-e482
From Me to We and What we share
- Otto Scharmer & Katrin Kaufer (2013) Leading from the emerging future: From egosystem to eco-system economies. Berrett-Koehler Publishers.
- Robert Sapolsky (2017) Behave: The biology of humans at our best and worst. Penguin.
Choosing wise action
- Barry Schwartz (2004) The paradox of choice: Why more is less. Ecco.
- Chris Germer & Kristin Neff (2018) The Near Enemies of Fierce Compassion. Center for Mindful Self-Compassion.
- Edward O. Wilson (1998) Consilience: The Unity of Knowledge. p.294. Vintage Books.
- William Bridges (2009) Managing transitions: Making the most of change. Da Capo Press.